Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas 2016


MERRY CHRISTMAS

 It is that time of year!  And as normal, I am a day late……and a dollar short.  I have been trying for weeks to find just the right Christmas story to share this year but try as I may here it is December 22, 2016 and I am still in a tizzy.

So, I am going to ask for your help.  At least the help of some of you.  Please fill in the blank spots and add your memory and I will finish the story (before New Years,,,,I promise) and return the completed story for your Magnusson Christmas Story Book.

For those of you who do not have said story book, please let me know if you would like one and I will send you one with all the stories:  Okay?  Here goes!

The year was ----------.  Lonnie and Lori were living in Utah and were not going to be able to make it home for the holidays.  So, the Oregon Magnusson’s decided we would spend Christmas in Utah.

Eight (?) of us piled into Lenny’s white work van.  Hooked a utility trailer loaded with luggage and gifts on behind and headed out.  We drove straight thru.  We were young and could do it in those days. Switching drivers often and enjoying each other’s company made the trip very enjoyable. 

Anyone with other ideas…please insert!

Lee was only 5 months old, if I am remembering correctly and it was my pleasure to hold him and entertain him for much of the trip.  That was really a chore!  NOT, I loved every minute of it!  Yes, he was one of the eight!    A big brownie button for the one who can name all 8 and tell me how many Magnusson's shared Lonnie and Lori's home. And where that home was located. Trivia time!

The next special thing I remember about the trip was going to Temple Square in Salt Lake City and seeing all the lights and decorations.  That was a first for me and very special!

Of course, the most special thing of all was my family all together! 

Today, it would take more than one van and a much bigger house but wouldn’t it be fun to share that experience again?

I am sure there at least 5 of you that can share to this story.  I am looking forward to hearing from you!  Until then……

May the Good Lord bless and keep you as we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior!

Love and Hugs to All!

Grandma Gail

2016

No comments:

Post a Comment