Tuesday, December 4, 2018

DECEMBER 2018


2018 has been a very interesting year!  For those of you who have not kept up with me, let me give you a brief overview.  For those of you who have, this is just a reminder…please, don’t get bored!

I spent last Christmas with Loren, Jen and family.  Had a marvelous time! Other than the holidays which are always special I really enjoyed going to some swim meets with Laine.  He was swimming for Cascade High and as a freshman did an excellent job. 

 Next, I traveled to Junction City and spent several months with Lenny and Vickie!  It was there that I started working on genealogy!  That has become my passion for the year!

In April I traveled to Heber City, Utah, and spent the next 5 months with Lonnie and Lori.  Three of their 4 live close by so I had time with grandchildren and great grandchildren.  That is always a thrill.  Luke, Lonnie’s # 2 son, has the four oldest Utah greats.  Which means that I went to football, basketball and musical programs!  All those things that kept me so busy when my 5 were growing up…you know, those things that you wonder if you will ever survive!  And now I realize just how much I miss all those activities and really enjoyed them!  Funny how that happens!

I survived the hot Utah weather much better than I expected and September found me back in Oregon.  I am currently in Junction City with Lenny and Vickie.  I decided to do a genealogical project for my boys and siblings for Christmas.  I have compiled a notebook on the Leeper family from 1296 to 1997.  It has been a journey that I really enjoyed. 

This was the Magnusson year for Thanksgiving and Christmas will be with the other side of the family.  So, I needed to get my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving.  What a stretch!  But I made it!  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving as we gathered at Lenny and Vickie’s home.  There were 24 of us!  As you can tell, not everybody made it…maybe next time! 

The Thanksgiving weekend was really thrilling!  Lonnie and Lori came from Utah and there were 9 of us that traveled to Klamath Falls, Oregon to help my brother Terry celebrate his 80th birthday.  What a joyous occasion to visit with friends and family that I had not seen in way too long!

Another year is ending.  I am doing well for an 82-year-old great grandmother of 24 with 4 more on the way.  I do hope everyone is keeping a journal, so we can move this family into the 21st Century and beyond with lots of interesting stories! Who is the family recorder?

I am not sure where I will be spending Christmas.  Lander (Loren and Jan’s # 1 son) will be returning from his mission to North Carolina on December 19th; so, I will be here!  Probably curled up with warm memories and thoughtful reflections on the true meaning of Christmas!  I love the Savior and am so grateful He came to earth!

Merry Christmas to all!

L&H’s,  



   Terry and Gail 1939 and  80 years later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment