Monday, September 19, 2016

Genealogy blog 9/19/16

I haven’t figured out how to write my log on different pages as yet. When I get it figured out it will probably hit me right square between the eyes. Ugh!

I have spent several hours today trying to get the Leeper line back beyond the 1800’s. The last I have is Hugh and Mary with no maiden name for Mary. Hugh would have been born in or around 1790. The only child I show is George who was born in Tennessee in 1815. This is the George that I show came to Oregon in 1850. I have found a Georgia A. Leeper who is a sister of Alva C. born in Oregon. This was a new find so now I have some research to do!

Also found a Lillith A. Leeper who was the wife of George W Leeper. Both born in Oregon. They are both on the 1920 Oregon Census. It is recorded that they have a 3-year-old daughter named Dorothy. They are on the 1910 census with both in their 30’s born in Oregon. In the 1920 census they are in their 40’s and showing just the 3-year-old daughter. Can’t help but think there is more to that story! Opportunity for more research!

Plus, I found a household in Grants Pass, Oregon with sisters as the head of household and a 42-year-old brother-in-law named George M. Leeper and two nieces named Helen C. and Daisy A.
Daisy A. is on the 1930 census as the 19-year-old daughter of George M. and S. Emma Leeper. However, on the 1930 census they are living in Riverside, California. Questions, questions, questions. More research!

Hopefully I will have more to report next month!

FOR THE HERE AND NOW!!! For those of you trying to keep track of recent birthday’s….here is September.
September 12th Luke (19??)
September 20th Gail (1936)
Llwyn (1960)
September 26th Lindsay (1994–2013) Oh how I miss that sweet girl)

L & H’s

No comments:

Post a Comment