Monday, October 3, 2016

My heart is so full!




As I listened to Saturday afternoon session of General Conference I felt truly blessed.  I was so moved by the speakers but also by that fantastic missionary choir. 

After Conference I watched a documentary on the Tabernacle Choir and again was moved to tears.

I love music!  I loved to sing!  Music speaks to my soul and testifies to me of the truthfulness of the gospel and the great love that the Lord has for each of us.

One of those maybe someday things on my bucket list was to someday sing with the Tabernacle Choir.  Once upon a time, many years ago, I had the opportunity to attend a workshop with the then choir director, Jerold Ottley (who by the way was a U of O alum) and that cemented my desire to “maybe someday”.  The years have played such marvelous tricks with my body that I am no longer able to sing at all.  Now I listen and feel the music in my heart and soul.

During those years when I could sing (at least a little) and was directing the Ward choir, I would frequently hear in my mind and heart the voice of a lovely young soprano whom I identified as my Lenae.  This experience was usually during special occasions like Christmas and Easter when choir performances were something extra.  One special occasion was while singing in a Stake choir for the dedication on the Portland Temple.

Over the past 2 years I have felt sweet duets which I have identified as Lenae and Lindsay.  A recent experience was with the song, “Jesus Loves the Little Children”.  Not the usual rendition but a different version that I am trying to find.  As the music comes to my mind I can feel of their sweet spirits.

There are days and times when the spirit is very close. 

Today as I watched the Missionary Choir and then the Tabernacle Choir documentary I decided that I can only hope and pray that my job someday will be to sing backup for those groups. 

Surely if the Lord can restore the hair on my head He can restore my voice!

Until that day I will listen and enjoy.  I am reminded of a saying of Grandpa Jays…. when asked what was new his response was; “The Gospel is still true!”  I add my testimony of that truth.

L&H’s

10/1/16

No comments:

Post a Comment