Wednesday, February 21, 2018

monthly letter

Well, I have been back in Oregon since December!  Am currently in Junction City with Lenny and Vickie!  I am working on family Genealogy and found this poem, which I am going to send as it is totally describing me these days.  Will fill in more on the "Diet" page for those who really want to know!  L&H's


I Can’t Remember
Though I’m getting more forgetful
And mixed up in the head.

I got used to my arthritis,
To my dentures I’m resigned.

I can manage my bifocals,
But God I miss my mind.

For sometimes I can’t remember
when I stand at the foot of the stairs

If I must go up for something
or have I just come down from there.


And before the fridge I so often,
my poor mind is filled with doubt,

Have I just put food away, or
have I come to take some out.

And there’s time when it is dark
with my nightcap on my head,

I don’t know if I’m retiring, or
just getting out of bed.


So, if it’s my turn to write you,
there’s no need for getting sore,


I may think that I have written 
and don’t want to be a bore.

So, remember that I love you,
and wish that you were near.

But now it’s nearly mail time
so must say goodbye dear.

There I stand beside the mail box,
with a face so very red.

Instead of mailing you my letter,
I had opened it instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment