Friday, July 17, 2009

Musical Gifts

Musical Gifts

I started this ‘blog’ experience wanting to combine my two favorite passions; horses and music. I had what I thought was a splendid idea. I would call my blog “Musical Gifts for the Horse Lover”.

I started searching the internet for musical gifts that had a strong western flavor. Wind chimes of prancing horses, a music box that played Red River Valley or Home on the Range or how about a pair of spurs that played Jingle, Jangle, Jingle as you strolled merrily along? Musical gifts with a western flavor just wasn’t to be! The Lone Ranger did it with the William Tell Overture, why couldn’t I make it work?

Perhaps I need to broaden my horizons. How about a guitar, a bass or an electric steel? Guitar Crazy in Portland, Oregon has a nice choice of Fender, Les Paul and Gibson guitars that would make special musical gifts. They even advertise Waylon Jennings as a customer. It can’t be said that I’m not trying!

How about a harmonica? That would be a good musical gift. One can find a harmonica for every talent, age group or price range.

And then of course, there are bells. I have had a bell collection over the years. Cow bells, turkey bells, sleigh bells, silver, bronze, some in shapes, crystal; some with historic landmarks painted on them, various clappers.

Somehow it just doesn’t seem to click; so here I sit at my computer, no horse in sight and my clock has bird calls! A special Musical Gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment