Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Western Lodge

How can you take a country girl away from her Western Lodge and plant her in a manufactured home community? Jeff Foxworthy would have fun with that one! A western lodge on wheels!

.

Let me tell you about some of the neat decorations that I have found to corral my desires and make me feel more at home. Did you know they have log cabin look alikes on wheels? Unfortunately I don’t have one; my Western Lodge is everyday plain and ready to be molded. My dream 100 acres of rolling pastures with a stream running thru it, where the deer and antelope play with the Western Lodge hunkered in among a stand of fir trees, cool in the summer and cozy in the winter is much less maintenance.

I have started with the guest bedroom. On the door is a wall hanging of horses sticking there heads out of barn doors. There is a rustic shelf with pegs for hanging a hat or coat. Wooden book shelves filled with Louis L’Armour and a few Dayton O. Hyde. I will have to elaborate at some future time as to my fascination with these two authors. For today let’s just say: there is nothing better than to snuggle up in front of the fireplace (and by the way, I do have one!) and read a good book. Oh yes, back to my Western Lodge, over the bed hangs a F.W. Thomas, Campers Moon painting; in one corner is a statue of a cowboy. The walls have family portraits of equine competition from other days and times. I found a beautiful cowhide valance from H-M Valley Ranch Store; I’ll share all of the details when it arrives. I am looking for wooden boxes to convert to bed-side tables, if anyone out there knows a source to help complete my “Western Lodge”; I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment