Thursday, July 23, 2009

Country

Everyone of my generation is familiar with the phrase “a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll”. I must admit, I really enjoy soft rock but I really like country. Country living, country cooking, country music, the country…..lets just face it I am a country girl. I would love to live out in the middle of at least a 100 acres. Not another house in site for as far as you could see. If someone decided to visit you could see them coming up the road for at least 20 minutes before they got there. Time to change your clothes, comb your hair and be prepared for a good country welcome!

I live in the city but directly behind my home is an open field and on occasion in the early morning or late evening I can see deer feeding. It always bothers me when I don’t see them for a day or so thinking that something has happened to them. In all reality, they have probably tried the city life and decided to go back to the country. I hope so!

This reminiscing has reminded me of a visit I had with my Uncle a few years back. He was living on a ranch in a little country community named Echo, Oregon that was truly out in the country. The country sunrises and country sunsets; they couldn’t be beat. The clear country air where you can breath deep and enjoy the freshness of it.

As my grandmother would have said, “everybody to his own notion said the old lady as she kissed the cow.” But as for me, I’ll take the country!


No comments:

Post a Comment